Cyprus Tennis Coaches Association
The Cyprus Association of Tennis Coaches (SPAK) was founded in 1993 and has its registered office in Nicosia. It is the association of all tennis coaches in Cyprus and all registered members become actively involved in all sectors related to tennis.
In 2013, the Association of Coaches had approximately 20 active members who fulfil the requirements as provided by the Cyprus Sports Organization Law Administrative Regulation 38/95 – page 126. It is noted that in accordance with the Directives of the European Union, the Cyprus Sports Organization in cooperation with the Cyprus Tennis Federation and the Cyprus Association of Tennis Coaches worked out a new tennis coaches evaluation and ranking system, which you can find in the folder documents and forms.
The composition of the Association’s current Council is as follows:
PRESIDENT: DEMETRIS HERODOTOU (99-351375)
VICE PRESIDENT: THEODOULOS STOUPPENOS (99-408040)
SECRETARY: NIKI TELONI
TREASURER: NEOCLIS IACOVIDES
MEMBERS: ANTHOULLA HERODOTOU, SAVVAS CONSTANTAS, FIDIAS TORNARIS
Objects of the Association:
- To promote the sport of tennis,
- To support and protect coaching as a professional activity of its members and to secure their financial and professional interests in general within state rules.
- To get its members actively involved in actions encouraging the creation of Coaches Schools organised by the Cyprus Tennis Federation or any other competent institution as appointed from time to time,
- To inform its members about the development of the sport of tennis from the coaching point of view,
- To provide training to its members in coaching and tennis sport techniques,
- To develop and strengthen friendly relationship with other sport organizations like the Cyprus Sport Authorities and the various institutions in general.